You can import your citations into a Microsoft Word document by using the export function of Mimir Mentor. Please follow the steps below to learn how to export your Mimir Mentor sources to a Microsoft Word document.
Alternatively, you can also generate a bibliography in text form in Mimir Mentor and copy it into Word if you do not want to use Word’s citation functions.
Step 1: Selecting Export in Mimir Mentor
- Select “Switch Tool” at the bottom right in the literature section of Mimir Mentor.
- In the pop-up options, choose “Export for MS Word”.
- Select all the sources you want to export and press “export” at the bottom of the editor.
Step 2 for Windows: Importing into Microsoft Word
- Open Microsoft Word and click on the “References” tab.
- Select “Manage Sources”, click on “Browse” and find the desired file. The file type should be an XML document.
Step 2 for Mac: Importing into Microsoft Word
Mac OS users do not see a “Manage Sources” button. Unfortunately, Microsoft Word currently only offers a rather complex import process for your literature. Mac users should follow these steps:
- Copy the selected file to /Library/Containers/com.microsoft.word/Data/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office or alternatively to /Users/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Word/Data/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/ and name it as Sources.xml
- Restart Word
- Select the “References” tab and then “Citations”
- A sidebar menu opens on the right side of the window. Click on the icon with the three dots.
- Choose “Citation Source Manager” from the dropdown list.
- Copy your citations from the master list.
Step 3: Adding the Cited Sources to the Bibliography
- Click on “Citations” under the “References” tab to add your cited sources.